High level implementation plan – Main milestones
- All different technical systems establish connection with the Verification System by April 2018
- All distribution stakeholders connected by August 2018 to allow system optimisation and flowless start on 9th February 2019
PROJECT ACTIONS AND TIMELINE FOR THE DISTRIBUTION STAKEHOLDERS
Very soon, if not yet already now, FMD compliant packs with the 2D matrix will appear on the market. It is extremely important to start in time with the implementation for all stakeholders.
The main steps in the implementation of the connection to the supra-national Belgo-Luxembourg Medicines Verification System (BLMVS) are:
- Contact your technical partner: internal department or external software vendor
- The technical partner needs to register to the Arvato technical portal and obtain the technical documentation
- Technical partner to develop the business rules and connection functionality
- Establish connection to the system and test developed routines
- Run tests with Pilot participants
- Receive sign off on tests
- Technical partner to roll out the solution to all clients
Public pharmacy, Hospital pharmacy, Distributing Wholesaler:
You will be identified based on the master lists obtained from the relevant competent authorities (Ministry of Health and CNS)
In case of doubt you can always register on the registration section of this website.
Other distribution stakeholders
- Are you operating on behalf of a Marketing Authorisation Holder (3rd party logistics partner, no ownership of the goods, contracted manufacturing
-> Please contact your contracted Marketing Authorisation Holder for instructions on the connection to the EU Hub
- Are you owner of the goods and perform activities that require FMD related activities (see Distribution Activity Table in the registration section) ?
-> contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Distribution Activity Table
The Distribution Activity table is listing the potential activities that are supported for respectively the wholesalers and the pharmacies (public and hospital).
|Export pack from EU||X|
|Mark pack as stolen||X|
|Mark pack as destroyed||X||X|
|Mark pack as Free Sample||X|
|Mark Pack as Sample||X||X|
|Mark Pack as Locked||X|